Monday, November 14, 2011

Yesterday I told C I wanted to be in a relationship. He was really surprised since I had told him the age difference was too much. But also really happy. Really happy. It makes me proud of myself, that I have the power to make a man that happy.

We went to the theater, and he introduced me to everyone he knew. The play was a 'dysfunctional family comedy', long, and pretty heavy. (Although the characters watched SVU which was awesome). There were several references to one character saving another from 'a gentleman friend with a claw hammer'. Supposed to be jokes. Today I explained to C that they were rape jokes and a big thing of mine.

Anyway I've explained that consent, and boundaries are very important to me. We've kissed. It was okay.

I think this has the potential to be serious. He isn't perfect- he smokes. Intends to quit which will have to be if I'm going to stay. I know I can't change him. But like with the rape jokes I can educate him. We are already talking about Christmas.

Could he be the one? Am I settling? I am not sure if my family is going to approve. I am not sure if I care if they do.

I guess I just need to take this slowly. I've never been in love before.

No comments:

Post a Comment