Thursday, December 15, 2011

So I have some job prospects.

I sometimes go to networking events in a larger city near me. I have one company, F, where I made friends with the VP. They are interested in hiring me as a business analyst type. But they can't do it yet. The VP got me an assignment for testing with them.

Another company, M, I met the CEO. They are hiring someone for sales in January. Part time at first so I could stay in this city. I talked to him for half an hour and am meeting him Friday when I go get the assignment.

So- these have been my best two prospects. I think it helps to know someone because otherwise your resume gets lost in the slush.

Afraid to hope though because it's been a year, and because if I can't start supporting myself I will probably end up back with my parents. Bad Idea.

So do things happen for a reason? Is one of these companies the cosmic (or whatever) reason I didn't get hired for the job with the Democrats? Woman wouldn't return my calls. And honestly I don't want to go back in politics- either party.

I just want what everyone does. Enough to pay the bills, preferably something non-soul-sucking. And benefits because this Obamacare is going to run out...

No comments:

Post a Comment