Monday, December 19, 2011

Friday was extremely eventful.

I went and met with company M. And I basically have the sales job. It's for three months because they have a grant from the state. And then we'll see. 2K plus commission. This is a lot of money for me- I can pay my rent, my car insurance, food and meds, maybe start on my student loans if I consolidate. Essentially support myself.

I also met with company F to get a temporary assignment- testing an application they built. While I was there the CEO invited me to the Christmas party. I had a good time getting to know people that work there. One girl used to work in the film industry. I also talked to the VP K who was my original contact. He told me about a six month project starting in February that they need a business analyst for. I'm fairly sure he's going to tap me or it.

So- I've gone from no jobs, to the possibility of having to choose between jobs. It's crazy. I'm trying to self talk positively- "I earned this", "I'm a good networker", "I'm talented", etc. But after a year of virtual unemployment it's just weird.

I have decided to move to Other City. I could do job M at least from home. But my lease is up next month and I think it's time. I'm searching for apartments. Not sure which state to live in. My current state has suburbs close, and if I want to go to grad school at my old school I need to maintain residency. But Other City has a great library, and I plan to keep my car registered at my parents' house (which may do for residency).

I will be coming back here twice a month for therapy. So I will see my friends.

This just seems too perfect. It's crazy. Is this really happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment